- INTRODUCTION AND ACCEPTANCE
Welcome to http://www.foodnetworkasia.com/ (Website). This Website is an interactive online service operated by Scripps Networks Interactive (Asia) Pte Ltd (SNI Asia, we, us or our).
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- WEBSITE ACCESS & USE
- remove, alter, cover, or distort any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice on the Website or Website Content or on any copy you make of the Website Content;
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Website, including without limitation, any features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use of the Website or Website Content;
- use an automatic device (such as a robot or spider) or manual process to copy or "scrape" the Website or Website Content for any purpose without the express written permission of SNI Asia, frame the Website or Website Content, or use any of Our trademarks or third party trademarks as meta tags. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we grant public search engine operators permission to use automatic devices (such as robots or spiders) to copy Website Content from the Website for the sole purpose of creating (and only to the extent necessary to create) a searchable index of Website Content that is available to the public. We reserve the right to revoke this permission (generally or specifically) at any time;
- collect or harvest any personally identifiable information from the Website, including without limitation, names, e-mail addresses;
- use the Website to solicit other users to join or become members of any commercial online service or other organization without our prior written approval;
- attempt to or interfere with the proper working of the Website or impair, overburden, or disable the same;
- decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify or attempt to discover any Website source or object code or any software or other products, services or processes accessible through any portion of the Website;
- use network-monitoring software to determine architecture of or extract usage data from the Website;
- use or access the Website or engage in any other conduct in connection with the Website for any illegal or immoral purpose or activity;
- encourage conduct that violates any applicable law, either civil or criminal, or impersonate another user, person, or entity without permission; or
- CONDITIONS FOR LINKING TO WEBSITE
We hereby grant you a non-exclusive, limited license, revocable at our discretion, for you to link to the Website home page from any site you own or control that is not commercially competitive with the Website or any other website or service which we may operate from time to time and does not criticize or otherwise injure us, so long as the site where the link resides, and all other locations to which such site links, comply with all applicable laws and do not in any way abuse, defame, stalk, threaten or violate the rights of privacy, publicity, intellectual property or other legal rights of others or, in any way, post, publish, distribute, disseminate or facilitate any inappropriate, infringing, defamatory, profane, indecent, obscene or illegal/unlawful information, topic, name or other material. Such a link is not an endorsement of such other site(s) by us. All of our rights and remedies are expressly reserved.
- NOT USED.
- USER CONTENT
- We may currently or in the future permit users to post, upload, transmit through, or otherwise make available on the Website (collectively, submit) messages, text, illustrations, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, sounds, music, videos, information, content, and/or other materials (User Content). Subject to the rights and licence you grant herein, you retain all right, title and interest in your User Content. We do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to User Content even if it is not published on the Website. It is solely your responsibility to monitor and protect any intellectual property rights that you may have in your User Content, and we do not accept any responsibility for the same.
- You shall not submit any User Content protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property, personal, contractual, proprietary or other third party right without the express permission of the owner of the respective right. You are solely liable for any damage resulting from your failure to obtain such permission or from any other harm resulting from User Content that you submit.
- You represent, warrant, and covenant that you will not submit any User Content that:
- violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, or other intellectual property, personal, contractual, proprietary or other third party right of any person or entity;
- impersonates another or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, pornographic, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing or otherwise objectionable;
- encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law;
- is an advertisement for goods or services or a solicitation of funds;
- includes personal information, including without limitation, messages which identify phone numbers, identification numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer references;
- contains a formula, instruction, or advice that could cause harm or injury;
- chain letter of any kind; or
- the licensed use by us hereunder would result in us having any obligation or liability to any party.
- Moreover, any conduct by a user that in our sole discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or accessing the Website will not permitted.
- By submitting User Content, you also grant us the right, but not the obligation, to use your biographical information including, without limitation, your name and geographical location in connection with broadcast, print, online, or other use or publication of your User Content and to disclose your identity to any third party who claims that any User Content posted or uploaded by you to the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you waive any and all claims you may now or later have in any jurisdiction to any “moral rights” with respect to the User Content and warrant that such rights of any third party in your User Content have also been waived.
- We reserve the right to display advertisements in connection with your User Content and to use your User Content for advertising and promotional purposes. You acknowledge and agree that your User Content may be included on the websites and advertising networks of Our distribution partners and third party service providers (including their downstream users).
- The rights granted by you hereunder may not be terminated, revoked or rescinded and are not subject to reversion. If you become aware that User Content you have submitted includes any material for which you lack the unrestricted right to grant us the rights set forth above without obligations or liability to any party, you agree to promptly provide us with detailed written notice thereof email@example.com.
- WEBSITE CONTENT & THIRD PARTY LINKS
- We provide the Website including, without limitation, Website Content for entertainment and promotional purposes only. You may not rely on any information and opinions expressed on any of our Website for any other purpose. In all instances, it is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of Website Content. Subject to Section 11(c), under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on any Website Content.
- In many instances, Website Content will include content provided and/or posted by a third party and/or related to a third party brand, service and/or product (Third Party Content) or will represent the opinions and judgments of a third party. We do not endorse, warrant and are not responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made on the Website (including Third Party Content) by anyone.
- If there is a dispute between persons accessing the Website or between persons accessing the Website and any third party, you understand and agree that we are under no obligation to become involved. If there is such a dispute, you hereby release us and our officers, directors, employees, parents, partners, successors, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their related companies from claims, demands, and damages of every kind or nature arising out of, relating to, or in any way connected with such dispute.
- The Website may contain links to other websites maintained by third parties. We do not operate or control, in any respect, or necessarily endorse the content found on these third party websites. You assume sole responsibility for your use of third party links. We are not responsible for any content posted on third party websites or liable to you for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of your dealings with any third party or their website.
The Website may include certain services that may be available via your mobile phone, including without limitation: (a) the ability to upload to the Website via your mobile phone (Mobile Uploads); (b) the ability to receive and reply to messages and to send content and messages using text messaging (Mobile Texts); and (c) the ability to access the Website from your mobile phone (Mobile Web). Mobile Uploads, Mobile Texts and Mobile Web are collectively referred to as the Mobile Services.
We do not currently charge for Mobile Services. Your carrier's normal messaging, data and other rates and fees will, however, still apply. You should check with your carrier to find out what plans are available and how much they cost. By using the Mobile Services you agree that we may communicate with you regarding the Website and our partners by SMS, MMS, text message or other electronic means to your mobile device and that certain information about your usage of the Mobile Services will be communicated to us.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE AND WEBSITE CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE WEBSITE AND WEBSITE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE AND OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, PARTNERS, SUCCESSORS, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTION PARTNERS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND THEIR RELATED COMPANIES DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING ANY: (1) WARRANTIES THAT THE WEBSITE AND WEBSITE CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, SECURITY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, OR INFORMATIONAL CONTENT OF THE WEBSITE OR WEBSITE CONTENT; (3) WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (4) WARRANTIES FOR SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON OUR WEBSITE OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE WEBSITE; (5) WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE; (6) WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND WEBSITE CONTENT WILL BE SECURE OR UNINTERRUPTED; AND (7) WARRANTIES THAT ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- These limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- COPYRIGHT POLICY
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect our users to do the same. In appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, we may block the access of users who we suspect to be infringers of the copyrights (or other intellectual property rights) of others. Additionally, in appropriate circumstances and in our sole discretion, we may remove or disable access to material on any of our websites (including the Website) or hosted on our systems that may be infringing or the subject of infringing activity.
- GOVERNING LAW
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION
In this Section 15 only, we and us are used to refer to you and SNI Asia together.
- Any dispute or difference arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be referred to and determined by arbitration at Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”) and in accordance with the then current SIAC Rules. Arbitration shall be in English and conducted in Singapore. We each also agree as follows:
- If either of us wishes to arbitrate a dispute, the party intending to arbitrate (Intending Party) will send to the other party (Receiving Party) written notice providing a description of the dispute, previous efforts to resolve the dispute, all supporting documents/ information, and the proposed resolution (Arbitration Notice). If SNI Asia is the Intending Party, SNI Asia will send the Arbitration Notice to you based on the contact information which you provide to us. If you are the Intending Party, you must send your Arbitration Notice to:
Scripps Networks Interactive (Asia) Pte Ltd
ATTN: Legal Department
#12-21 Symbiosis Tower
3 Fusionopolis Way
- We agree to attempt to resolve the dispute after the Receiving Party’s receipt of the Arbitration (Receipt Date). If we cannot resolve the dispute within forty-five (45) days of the Receipt Date, then we may submit the dispute to formal arbitration.
- The arbitration will be administered by the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) and in accordance with the then current SIAC Rules. Arbitration shall be before one (1) arbitrator appointed by the Chairman of the SIAC, and shall be in English and conducted in Singapore.
- AMENDMENT & ADDITIONAL TERMS
Effective: 27 July 2016. © 2016 Scripps Networks Interactive (Asia) Pte Ltd. All Rights Reserved.