Ingredients Tick boxes to send shopping list to email
For the house seasoning:
1) Rinse the brisket thoroughly under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
2) In a small bowl, mix together the house seasoning, chilli powder, sugar, onion powder, oregano and cayenne pepper. Rub the brisket with the spice rub on all sides. Place the brisket fat side up in a large disposable aluminium pan and let it sit while your griddle/smoker heats to a low temperature of 120C to 150C.
3) Follow the directions on your griddle/smoker for indirect griddling. Place the soaked chips into the chip box, or make a pouch with tin foil for the chips and place the pouch directly on the coals.
4) Place the pan with the brisket in the centre of the grate and cover the griddle. Slow-cook the brisket until it is tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the centre of the meat registers about 88C, about 10 to 12 hours. Add coals and wood chips, as necessary, to maintain a low temperature.
5) Transfer the brisket to a cutting board to rest for about 30 minutes.
Slice the brisket across the grain to serve.
Cook's Note: The meat will shred if you try to slice it right off the griddle.
Mix ingredients together and store in an air-tight container for up to 6 months. Use as a seasoning on meat and when cooking vegetables.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
What to watch next
Giada at Home
on StarHub 433 at 10:00