Ingredients Tick boxes to send shopping list to email
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas mark 4.
2) Trim any excess fat from the butt roast. Make several shallow long cuts along the roast or pierce liberally with a fork. (This allows the salt and liquid smoke to penetrate the meat.) Rub with salt and liquid smoke.
3) Wrap the roast with banana leaf or in the absence of same, place whole bananas on top of meat.
4) Cut the ribs from the ti leaves and wrap over the banana leaf. Substitute aluminum foil, if ti leaves are not available. (Ti leaves can often be obtained from a local florist). Tie securely with twine.
5) Roast for about 45 minutes per 450g. When meat is done, remove ti leaves, banana leaf (or bananas) and shred pork.
Top recipes like this:
What to watch next
Grill It! With Bobby Flay
on StarHub 433 at 11:00