Ingredients Tick boxes to send shopping list to email
1) Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4.
2) Grease an 17-cm round cake pan with vegetable spray. An alternative is to butter and flour the cake pan.
3) In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, cake flour and baking powder and set aside.
4) Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and almond paste on high speed until smooth, about 5 minutes. Reduce speed to low and slowly add confectioners' sugar. Mix until thoroughly combined and light and fluffy. Raise speed to high and add the vanilla extract, whole eggs and egg yolks, 1 at a time. Mix until well combined. Reduce speed to medium and add the sour cream and dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
5) Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the surface with a spatula. Bake in the lower third of the oven for 35 minutes, or until the cake is golden and pulls away from the sides of the pan. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool. Remove from pan and dust with confectioners' sugar.
What to watch next
on StarHub 433 at 16:00